Taxes on Sales Orders using Avalara Avatax API
Sales Orders with automatic Tax application using Avatax
Avalara Avatax Connector for Sales Orders
This module is a component of the Avatax Integration with odoo app. Please refer to the corresponding documentation.
Table of contents
The AvaTax module is integrated into Sales Orders and allows computation of taxes. Sales order transactions do not appear in the in the AvaTax interface.
The information placed in the sales order will automatically pass to the invoice on the Avalara server and can be viewed in the AvaTax control panel.
Discounts are handled when they are enabled in Odoo's settings. They will be reported as a net deduction on the line item cost.
Create New Sales Order
- Navigate to: Sales >> Orders >> Orders
- Click Create button
Compute Taxes with AvaTax
- The module will calculate tax when the sales order is confirmed, or by navigating to Action >> Update taxes with Avatax. At this step, the sales order will retrieve the tax amount from Avalara but will not report the transaction to the AvaTax dashboard. Only invoice, refund, and payment activity are reported to the dashboard.
- The module will check if there is a selected warehouse and will automatically determine the address of the warehouse and the origin location. If no address is assigned to the warehouse the module will automatically use the address of the company as its origin. Location code will automatically populate with the warehouse code but can be modified if needed.
Tax Exemption Status
- Tax exemption status can be defined on Contacts.
- In a multi-company environment, the exemption status is defined per Company, since each individual company is required to secure the exemption certificates to claim for exemption application, and this may not be the case for all Companies.
- If the customer is tax exempt, in the "Avatax" tab, check the "Is Tax Exempt" checkbox. When checked, the exemption details can be provided. The Exemption Code is the type of exemption, and the Exemption Number is an identification number to use on the customer's State.
- This exemption status will only be applied for delivery addresses in the State matching the State of the exemption address. The same customer can have exemptiions on several states. For this use additional Contact/Addresses for those states, and enter the exempention details there.
- To make this data management simpler, is it possible to set the customer as exempt country wide, using the corresponding checkbox. In this case the exemption status will be used for delivery addresses in any state. Using this option has compliance risks, so plase use it with care.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/account-fiscal-rule project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.