Stock Reservation Rules
Configure reservation rules by location
Stock Reservation Rules
This module adds rules for advanced reservation / removal strategies.
Rules are applied on a location and its sub-locations.
A rule can exclude quants or locations based on configurable criteria, and based on the selected quants, apply advanced removal strategies.
The rules have a sequence, which will be respected for the reservation. So even without filter or advanced removal strategies, we can give a priority to reserve in a location before another.
The advanced removal strategies are applied on top of the default one (fifo, fefo, ...).
The included advanced removal strategies are:
- Default Removal Strategy: apply the default configured one (fifo, fefo, ...)
- Empty Bins: goods are removed from a bin only if the bin will be empty after the removal (favor largest bins first to minimize the number of operations, then apply the default removal strategy for equal quantities).
- Full Packaging: tries to remove full packaging (configured on the products) first, by largest to smallest package or based on a pre-selected package (default removal strategy is then applied for equal quantities).
Examples of scenario:
- location A: no filter, no advanced removal strategy
- location B: no filter, Empty Bins
- location C: no filter, no advanced removal strategy
- take what is available in location A
- then take in location B if available, only if bin(s) are emptied
- then take what is available in location C
The module is meant to be extensible, with a core mechanism on which new rules and advanced removal strategies can be added.
This is an alpha version, the data model and design can change at any time without warning. Only for development or testing purpose, do not use in production. More details on development status
Table of contents
The configuration of the rules is done in "Inventory > Configuration > Stock Reservation Rules".
Creation of a rule:
Properties that define where the rule will be applied:
- Location: Define where the rule will look for goods (a parent of the move's source location).
- Rule Domain: The rule is used only if the Stock Move matches the domain.
Removal rules for the locations:
- Quants Domain: this domain includes/excludes quants based on a domain.
- Advanced Removal Strategy: the strategy that will be used for this location and sub-location when the rule is used.
The sequences have to be sorted in the view list to define the reservation priorities.
If you are using a database with demo data, you can give a try to the following scenario to understand how it works.
The demo data created by the module contains:
A product: Funky Socks
- Stock / Zone A / Bin A1: 200 Funky socks
- Stock / Zone B / Bin B1: 100 Funky socks
- Stock / Zone C / Bin C1: 100 Funky socks
3 Reservation Rules, in the following order
- Zone A must have full quantities
- Zone B
- Zone C
2 Delivery Orders:
- Origin: Outgoing shipment (reservation rules demo 1)
- Origin: Outgoing shipment (reservation rules demo 2)
- Activate Storage Locations and Multi-Warehouses
- You can open Inventory > Configuration > Stock Reservation Rules to activate and see the rules (by default in demo, the rules are created inactive)
- Open Transfer: Outgoing shipment (reservation rules demo 1)
- Check availability: it has 150 units, as it will not empty Zone A, it will not take products there, it should take 100 in B and 50 in C (following the rules order)
- Unreserve this transfer (to test the second case)
- Open Transfer: Outgoing shipment (reservation rules demo 2)
- Check availability: it has 250 units, it can empty Zone A, it will take 200 in Bin A1 and 50 in Bin B1.
- If you want to explore further, you can add a custom domain to exclude rules (for instance, a product category will not use Zone B).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/stock-logistics-warehouse project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.