Document Management System
Document Management System for Odoo
Document Management System
DMS is a module for creating, managing and viewing document files directly within Odoo. This module is only the basis for an entire ecosystem of apps that extend and seamlessly integrate with the document management system.
This module adds portal functionality for directories and files for allowed users, both portal or internal users. You can get as well a tokenized link from a directory or a file for sharing it with any anonymous user.
Table of contents
mail_preview_base is required for DMS but it is recommended to install all the other mail_preview modules from social OCA repository in order to improve the preview of files.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Go to Documents -> Configuration -> Storages.
- Create a new document storage. You can choose between two options on Save Type:
- Database: Store the files on the database as a field
- Attachment: Store the files as attachments
- Afterwards go to Documents -> Directories.
- Create a new directory, mark it as root and select the previously created setting.
- On the Directory you can also define the access groups that will be able to:
If you need to modify the storage Save Type you might want to migrate the file data. In order to achieve it you need to:
- Go to Documents -> Configuration -> Storage and select the storage you want to modify
- Modify the save type
- Press the button Migrate files if you want to migrate all the files at once
- Press the button Manual File Migration in order to specify files one by one
You can check all the files that still needs to be migrated from all storages and migrate them manually on Documents -> Configuration -> Migration
The best way to manage the documents is to switch to the Documents view. Existing documents can be managed there and new documents can be created.
You can add any portal user to DMS access groups, and then allow that group in directories, so they will see in the portal such directories and their files. Another possibility is to click on "Share" button inside a directory or a file for obtaining a tokenized link for single access to that resource, no matter if logged or not.
- Files preview in portal
- Allow to download folder in portal and create zip file with all content
- Save in cache own_root directories and update in every create/write/unlink function
- Add a migration procedure for converting an storage to attachment one for populating existing records with attachments as folders
- Add a link from attachment view in chatter to linked documents
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/dms project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.