Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Do you know any easy module to start with?by
Reply-To: "Odoo Community Association (OCA) Contributors" <email@example.com>
Date: Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM
To: Contributors <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: Do you know any easy module to start with?
Ring ID : 239e01f6262afbf3c7d276d2c661173ddddc0340
----- Le 10 Jan 16, à 4:22, yajo sk8 <email@example.com> a écrit :
- 1. Create a backend module.
- Do you miss a module?
- 2. Port a module from old to new api.
- Any candidate? If the module is only available for 7.0, better.
- 3. Create a website snippet.
- Is there any snippet you are missing?
- 4. Port a module to 9.0. (I'm not sure if I want to do this, read below).
- Any candidate?
This way, the training will include old api, new api, porting, maybe a migration, GitHub usage, and the results will be published to OCA as a PR.
I think that if OCA maintained a list of "easy bugs for beginners", this would be easier.
It is a requirement that the modules are reasonably simple (it's for training), but useful. Also, the target version would probably be 8.0 because nowadays l10n-spain is not 9.0-ready (that's why I'm not sure about chapter 4).
If you know the answer to any of above questions, it's your time to get work done for free!
Post to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org