Contributors mailing list archives
Re: [FIX]:Weblate - use po file download/upload - revisionsby
Il giorno dom 22 gen 2023 alle ore 11:27 Stéphane Bidoul <firstname.lastname@example.org> ha scritto:
We discussed a translation review mechanism before, I think, but IIRC we concluded we need a process first.
Yes, you are right. :-)
Below, as italian community in addition to Stefano answers, you can find a proposal.
Here are a few questions that come to mind. There might be more.- Clearly define the problem we are attempting to solve? For instance, Is it "vandalism" of existing translations (this could be solved by banning offenders)? Or is it incorrect/low quality new translations (which can be fixed easily after the fact, I suppose)? Or something else?
The second one. Incorrect/low level translations, not only new, that don't follow current community guidelines and glossaries (language specific).
- What would be the process to appoint/elect reviewers? Currently we accept anyone who asks.
- How to make sure translation proposals are not stuck for too long waiting for review?
I would replicate Transifex structure or similar, if possible. Here is a proposal:
- Anyone can be accepted as translator, strings are pushed as soon as translated. (or on a periodic basis)
- There is a reviewer role, reviewed strings are freezed and can't be changed by translators.
- The coordinator role has reviewer power and can appoint translators as reviewers.
The coordinator could be nominated by each localization repository PSC. (l10n-*)
He would be in charge of appointing reviewers evaluating the quality of their translations over time, based on guidelines/glossary compliance.
- Should/can we enable the review process per language? This may be important as not all language communities have the resources to have dedicated reviewers.
Sure, I add that not all communities have translation guidelines. [*]
[*] e.g. italian guidelines (and glossaries) https://www.odoo-italia.org/documentazione/14.0/traduzioni.html