Stock Release Channels
Manage workload in WMS with release channels
Stock Release Channels
Release channels are:
- Release channels are created by stock managers (only pallets, only parcels, ...)
- A release channel has a sequence, a domain + possibility to use python code
- When a delivery is: created from a sales order / created as backorder / released, each release channel is evaluated against it (domain + python code), the delivery is assigned to the first channel that matches
- A release channel can change over time: for instance the evaluation of a domain or rule can change if a delivery is only partially released
- A kanban board allows tracking how many [To Do Today, Released, Done Today, Waiting, Late, Priority] Transfers are in each channel, plus quick access to all the pick/pack transfers for released deliveries
- A button on each channel allows to release the next X (configured on the channel) transfers (max X at a time, it releases X - currently released and not done)
Table of contents
In Inventory > Configuration > Release Channels. Only Stock Managers have write permissions.
Use Inventory > Operations > Release Channels to access to the dashboard.
Each channel has a dashboard with statistics about the number of transfers to release and of the progress of the released transfers.
When clicking on the "box" button, transfers are released automatically, to reach a total of <Max Transfers to release> (option configured in the channel settings).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Camptocamp R&D
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/wms project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.