Web Domain Field
Use computed field as domain
Web Domain Field
When you define a view you can specify on the relational fields a domain attribute. This attribute is evaluated as filter to apply when displaying existing records for selection.
The value provided for the domain attribute must be a string representing a valid Odoo domain. This string is evaluated on the client side in a restricted context where we can reference as right operand the values of fields present into the form and a limited set of functions.
In this context it's hard to build complex domain and we are facing to some limitations as:
- The syntax to include in your domain a criteria involving values from a x2many field is complex.
- The right side of domain in case of x2many can involve huge amount of ids (performance problem).
- Domains computed by an onchange on an other field are not recomputed when you modify the form and don't modify the field triggering the onchange.
- It's not possible to extend an existing domain. You must completely redefine the domain in your specialized addon
In order to mitigate these limitations this new addon allows you to use the value of a field as domain of an other field in the xml definition of your view.
The field used as domain must provide the domain as a JSON encoded string.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.