Provides core synchronization interfaces with Salesforce.
This module allows to import and export various models between Odoo and Salesforce.
It provides the foundations to create or extend various synchronizations.
By default following synchronizations are supported out-of-the box:
- Import of Account and contact into Odoo Partners. Salesforce is the master. Parent relation of Sales force account is not supported at this time.
- Import or export of Product. ERP or Salesforce can be master. Bidirectional synchronization is not supported and a master must be set.
- Import of Salesforce priceBook entries into Odoo pricelist version. Salesforce is the master.
- Import of won opportunities into Odoo. Salesforce is the master.
To install this module, you need to:
pip install simple-salesforce
pip install requests
Configure Connection With Salesforce
There are 2 supported ways to access a Salesforce instance with the Salesforce connector
In order to use it you have to add a remote application in Salesforce administration and enable Oauth2 login. The app should preferably be named odoo_connector
The created remote access app must have following parameters:
Permitted Users --> All users may self-authorize Callback URL --> public_odoo_url/salesforce/oauth
Once done, you have to manage your app and ensure the Refresh token is valid until revoked parameter is set and configure the desired authorization of the app.
Go to the menu Connector -> Salesforce -> Salesforce backend and create a new backend. Go to the Authentication page of your backend and input the following parameters:
- Authentication Method: Choose oauth2
- URL: Input the URL of your Salesforce instance
- Connect on sandbox instance: Check it if you are working on a sandox Salesforce instance
- OAuth2 Consumer Key: Input the consumer key provided by Salesforce app
- OAuth2 secret: Input the consumer secret provided by Salesforce app
- Public secure URL of Odoo (HTTPS): Input the callback URL you have specified in Salesforce
- OAuth2 client authorization code: Input the authorization code provided by Salesforce app
Choose a default shop in Import/Export Configuration page and save your backend.
Then simply press the Authorize Odoo in Salesforce button and follow the instruction provided in Salesforce. Once done, your application must be authorized in Salesforce and tokens must be present in backend.
Security warning: Only the OAuth flow is production proof. Other Authentication methods are still exprimental!
User Authentication process
This flow allows a user to connect to api using SOAP access in order to get a token. The first step is to pass the domain of your Salesforce instance and an access token straight in Odoo backend.
You must have the full URL of your instance (e.g. https://na1.salesforce.com)
You need to select one of the two supported means of authentication:
- Using username, password and security token
- Using IP filtering, username, password and organizationId
Security Warning: This approach is simpler but less secure than Oauth authentication process.
Configure Import Export with Salesforce
Once you backend is set up you can configure your synchronization flow in the Import/Export Configuration page.
The first step is to choose the direction of the product synchronization. Once set, you should not change it anymore.
** There is the possibility to do an initial import of the product and then change the direction **
Product Type Mapping
Salesforce product type of Salesforce can not be imported and mapped in Odoo. For this reason, you have to manually set the mapping in the Product Configuration section. Simply select the Odoo type and link it with the corresponding Salesforce type.
Simply choose the Odoo type and input the corresponding name of the Salesforce type.
Price Book mapping
Salesforce currencies can not be imported and mapped in Odoo. You have to manually set the mapping under the Product Book Entry Configuration section.
Simply select an Odoo pricelist version with desired currency and link it with a Currency ISO code available in Salesforce.
Once done, it should look like this:
There are two ways to use the module: go to the backend and click on the Action buttons available under the Actions page or activate one of the cron jobs, depending on the desired synchronization in the Settings/technical/automation/scheduled actions.
SF - Odoo: Synchronization summary
|Account||→||Partner with the checkbox IsCompany checked|
|Contact||→||Partner with the checkbox IsCompany unchecked linked to the parent partner|
|State + Country + title||→||State + Country + title|
|Product||← or →||Product Import of product was designed for initial import and should not be used later even if it can work|
|Pricebook entry||→||Pricelist item|
|Won Opportunity||→||Sale Order|
Creation of an Account
- Scroll down to see the section ‘Contact’ and click on ‘New contact’ - create contact ‘Mrs Marie Durand’ - create contact ‘Helmut’
Creation of an opportunity
- Creation of the ‘opportunity A’ - Scroll down to see the section ‘Quote’ and click on ‘New quote’
- Creation of the Quote A1 - with contact ‘Helmut’ (which does not belong to the Company A)
- Scroll down to see the section ‘Quote Line items’ and click on ‘Add Line item’ in order to add products in the quote.
- Tick the product and click on Select button
- Change the price to 99, set the Qty = 5 and add a discount of 15%
Set the Quote/Opportunity as Won
- Go back to the Quote, click on ‘Start Synch’ (and confirm)
- Reopen the opportunity, click on Edit and change the stage to ‘Won’
Now the Opportunity can be synchronized with Odoo.
- Import won opportunity from Odoo. Importing Opportunity in Odoo will automatically trigger all other synchronizations. For instance, if you try to import an opportunity but the partner (= SF account) does not exist yet in Odoo, the connector will automatically launch a direct import of this specific account, without job creation. Same goes for the other missing items such as product, price, etc.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Cleanup and DRY refactoring for common code to be done
- Extend the test coverage to product and corner cases
- Improve SO onchange management
- Fix simple Salesforce exception lookup on next release of library
- Import Sales Quotation must copy, store and set as inactive the created address
- Support the usecase of deactivating a deleted binding
- Battle test authentication process and fix it
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Nicolas Bessi
- Alexandre Fayolle <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.