Send passive alerts to monitor your Odoo application.
This is a technical module to send passive alerts to your favorite NSCA daemon (Nagios, Shinken...). This module is based on the Odoo cron system and requires a NSCA client installed on the system to satisfy the /usr/sbin/send_nsca command.
To use this module, you need to install a NSCA client.
$ sudo apt-get install nsca-client
To configure this module, you need to:
- Configure your server and a passive service in your monitoring tool (e.g service Odoo Mail Queue on host MY-SERVER).
- Declare your NSCA server in the menu Configuration / Technical / NSCA Client / Servers
- Create NSCA checks in the menu Configuration / Technical / NSCA Client / Checks
- Code the methods which will be called by the NSCA checks.
Such methods must return a tuple (RC, MESSAGE, PERFORMANCE_DATA) where RC is an integer, MESSAGE a unicode string AND PERFOMANCE_DATA is a dictionary. RC values and the corresponding status are:
- 0: OK
- 1: WARNING
- 2: CRITICAL
- 3: UNKNOWN
PERFORMANCE_DATA is not mandatory, so it could be possible to send (RC, MESSAGE). Each element of PERFORMANCE_DATA will be a dictionary that could contain:
- value: value of the data (required)
- max: Max value on the chart
- min: Minimum value on the chart
- warn: Warning value on the chart
- crit: Critical value on the chart
- uom: Unit of Measure on the chart (s - Seconds, % - Percentage, B - Bytes, c - Continuous)
The key of the dictionary will be used as the performance_data label.
On the example, the performance data will use the label exceptions and the value will be the number of exception of mails.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Daniel Foré: Icon (Elementary theme, GPL).
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.