Manufacturing Operations Extension
Manufacturing Operations Extension
This module adds:
- New table to store operations to avoid typing them again.
- Adds a relation from workcenter lines to Bill of Materials (BoM) lists.
- Adds a relation between workcenter lines and Manufacturing Orders in Scheduled/Consumed/Finished products.
- Adds a relation between workcenter lines and BoM lists.
- Allows to set specific times per routing in addition to workcenter times.
- Controls the availability of material in operations
- Controls operation beginning in previous operations are not finished.
Once the module is installed, it transforms all existing routings to:
- Mark the last operation as the one where the production is done.
- Create a workcenter routing line (new model for allowing more than one workcenter per operation) for the current selected workcenter.
Go to Settings > Manufacturing and activate "Manage routings and work orders" for handling the features of this module. Go to Settings > Manufacturing and deactivate "Compute Cycles by BoM Quantity" in order to compute cycles without BoM product quantity.
You can go to Manufacturing > Configuration > Operations to add templates of the operations you do on your manufacturing process defining:
- Possible workcenters to use.
- Number of operators involved.
- Extended description.
This operation template can then be selected when you create routing lines in Manufacturing > Products > Routings as the default initial data for that line.
In this screen, you are now allowed to put more than one possible work centers, and you can also select if the capacity data of the work center is specific for that route or the general one.
You can also define here in which of the lines the production is going to be made, in order to prevent to do it before reaching this operation. This is done marking the check "Produce here" in the routing line.
One last possibility for the routing lines is to set if you require to finish previous operations before allowing to start this one, which is done marking the check "Previous operations finished".
Once defined the routing, you can select the routing on your BoMs, going to Manufacturing > Products > Bill of Materials, and select for each component in which routing operation you are going to consume the material.
Finally, having all set, we can create a manufacturing order with a BoM and a routing selected. Clicking on "Compute Data" button on "Work Orders" or "Scheduled Products" tab, we will preview which work orders and products we will need for this manufacturing.
Clicking on a work order line, we can see in detail the times involved for that operation and the raw materials that are going to be consumed on it.
We can start the manufacturing process clicking on "Confirm Production" button. Then, we can control each operation start from the "Work Orders" tab of the manufacturing order, or go to Manufacturing > Manufacturing > Work Orders to see them directly. We will only be allowed to consume the materials that has been assigned to the corresponding work order, and to produce when the operation with the "Produce here" flag is set.
- hr_timesheet is a big dependency for only catching the employee cost when selecting operators in the workcenter. A glue module for this operation would be desired.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Original Odoo MRP icon
- Thanks to https://openclipart.org/detail/151831/work-bench
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.