Mail tracking for Mailgun
Mail tracking and Mailgun webhooks integration
Mail tracking for Mailgun
This module integrates mail_tracking events with Mailgun webhooks.
Mailgun (https://www.mailgun.com/) is a service that provides an e-mail sending infrastructure through an SMTP server or via API. You can also query that API for seeing statistics of your sent e-mails, or provide hooks that processes the status changes in real time, which is the function used here.
Table of contents
You must configure Mailgun webhooks in order to receive mail events:
- Got a Mailgun account and validate your sending domain.
- Go to Webhook tab and configure the below URL for each event:
Replace '<your_domain>' with your Odoo install domain name and '<your_database>' with your database name.
In order to validate Mailgun webhooks you have to configure the following system parameters:
- mailgun.apikey: You can find Mailgun api_key in your validated sending domain.
- mailgun.api_url: It should be fine as it is, but it could change in the future.
- mailgun.domain: In case your sending domain is different from the one configured in mail.catchall.domain.
- mailgun.validation_key: If you want to be able to check mail address validity you must config this parameter with your account Public Validation Key.
You can also config partner email autocheck with this system parameter:
- mailgun.auto_check_partner_email: Set it to True.
In your mail tracking status screens (explained on module mail_tracking), you will see a more accurate information, like the 'Received' or 'Bounced' status, which are not usually detected by normal SMTP servers.
It's also possible to make some checks to the partner's email addresses against the Mailgun API:
- Check if the partner's email is in Mailgun's bounced list.
- Check the validity of the partner's mailbox.
- Force the partner's email into Mailgun's bounced list or delete from it.
It's also possible to manually check a message mailgun tracking when the webhook couldn't be captured. For that, go to that message tracking form, press the button Check Mailgun. It's important to note that tracking events have quite a short lifespan, so after 24h they won't be recoverable.
- There's no support for more than one Mailgun mail server.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
- Antonio Espinosa
- Carlos Dauden
- Pedro M. Baeza
- David Vidal
- Rafael Blasco
- Ernesto Tejeda
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/social project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.