This is the new release of the Open-Source connector linking Odoo and Magento also known under the name of Magentoerpconnect. It is build on top of the connector framework. It is is structured so that it can be extended or modified easily from separate addons, a factor of success when the implementations of Magento vary a lot.
Magento Odoo Connector is part of the Odoo Community Association (OCA). The source is on GitHub.
This connector is designed to have a strong and efficient core, with the ability to extend it with extension modules or local customizations.
In other words, the core module contains the minimal scope to run your e-commerce with Odoo and Magento. More advanced features are installable using extensions.
- Import the partners and addresses book
- Import the customer groups (becomes partner tags)
- Import the categories of products, with translations
- Import the products, with translations and main image
- Import the sales orders
- Export of the the stock quantities, with configuration of the warehouse and an option to choose the stock field to use
- Export the delivery orders status
- Export the tracking numbers
- Create the invoices on Magento and get their number back
- Resolve and import the dependencies when they are not yet imported (ie. customer, products for sale order)
- Use the Automatic workflows to automatize the workflow of the sales according to the payment method (confirm orders, create and reconcile payments, ...)
- Per payment method, choose when the orders are imported (only when a payment is captured / authorized / always / never)
- Use the Sales Exceptions to prevents the processing of sales orders with issues
- Built on top of the connector framework
- Use the connector_ecommerce addon to share the e-commerce capabilities with other e-commerce addons
- Use the jobs system of the connector framework
- Create connector checkpoints when new records to verify are imported
- Support Magento 1.7+ (not 2.x), the support of earlier versions should be easy to add, the connector framework being designed to handle multiple versions with ease.
- Licensed under AGPL version 3
- Designed to be usable with multiple Magento or any other e-commerce backends in the same time.
Read the full installation guide: http://odoo-magento-connector.com/guides/installation_guide.html
Configuration and usage
A fund raising has been done during the year 2015, allowing us to migrate the Magento Connector to Odoo 8.0. Many thanks to all of the funders and especially to the top funders:
- Ursa Information Systems Inc. (USA)
- Logic Supply Inc. (USA)
- Debonix France SAS (France)
- Playrapid SARL (France)
- BIG Consulting GmbH (Germany)
- Openfellas UG (Germany)
- Intero Technologies GmbH (Germany)
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.