Account Invoice Factur-X
Generate Factur-X/ZUGFeRD customer invoices
Account Invoice Factur-X
With this module, the PDF customer invoices and refunds generated by the Qweb reporting engine of Odoo will comply with the Factur-X standard. The Factur-X standard is an e-invoicing standard for France and Germany released on December 31st 2017. In Germany, it is also known as the ZUGFeRD 2.0 standard. This standard is based on CII (Cross-Industry Invoice) for electronic invoicing. The great idea of the ZUGFeRD/Factur-X standard is to embed an XML file inside the PDF invoice to carry structured information about the invoice. So, with a ZUGFeRD/Factur-X PDF invoice:
- no need to change your habbits and those of your customers: you can still send your PDF invoices by email as usual.
- customers equiped with a modern accouting software will be able to import the invoice automatically as supplier invoice by taking advantage of the embedded XML file,
- customers with an ancient accounting software will just open the PDF file with their PDF reader and manually encode the document as supplier invoice in their accounting software.
Table of contents
This module requires a recent version of the Python library factur-x developped by Akretion. Note that the factur-x library depends on PyPDF2 for the low-level PDF manipulation. To install it, run:
sudo pip3 install --upgrade factur-x
In the menu Invoicing > Configuration > Settings, check these options:
- XML Format embedded in PDF invoice: if you want to generate Factur-X invoices, this option must be set to Factur-X (CII)
- the Factur-X Level: unless you have a good reason, you should keep the default value EN 16931 (Comfort)
- Factur-X Refund Type: choose the type of the XML invoice for customer refunds (keep the default value if you are not familiar with this setting).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/edi project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.