And improve their quality
1) Create your account on Github
To provide the results of your review and test, you will need to post comments on Github. On Github:
- Pick your username
- Enter your email address
- Create a password
- and click on "Sign up for Github"
2) Pick a contribution
Once you are logged in Github, you can find all OCA contributions needing reviews here. Pick one of your interest based on:
- the project name: OCA/bank-payment
- the contribution title: New addon to cover usability concepts
- the automated tests result: green checkmark
- the tags: needs review
- the Odoo version: 8.0
3) Read the description
On your chosen contribution, at the top, you will find a description of the feature or the bugfix and maybe a test scenario.
If the description is not clear to you, feel free to scroll down to the bottom of the page and ask for clarification in the comment box (see screenshot below).
At the bottom of the page, you will also find a link to an Odoo instance running the contribution:
- Click on "Show all checks"
- On the "ci/runbot line", click on "Details"
- Email: admin
- Password: admin
You can now test the contribution and execute the scenario. Once done, do not forget to leave a review on GitHub (accesible in the "Review changes" green button on the third tab - Files changed -) with:
- Approve if everything worked as expected
- Comment or Request changes with the description of the mismatch otherwise.
In any case, thank you very much. You've just help us to make Odoo a better software. Do not hesitate to repeat this fun experience as much as you want!
If you are interested by a specific topic and would like to help more, please subscribe to his mailing list and introduce yourself. Make sure to mention:
- your name and location
- your skills and background
- your expectations and availabilities