Contributors mailing list archives

contributors@odoo-community.org

Avatar

Re: Special way of searching for products

by
Radovan Skolnik
- 29/04/2021 09:05:14
Graeme,

thanx for input. This part of your email caught my attention:


> Stored computed sanitized code, then sanitize search args on way in. Trigram

> index that stored field

Stored computed sanitized code - no problem. I can do that and had that in 
mind.

Sanitize search args on way in - you say search for bank accounts shows how to 
do this? Will check that out.

Trigram index that stored field - I am on odoo.sh not sure if that is possible 
there. However if I am able to sanitize both stored code and input that should 
generally be enough. I am looking specifcally to work with internal reference 
(default_code) so no need to handle cases like "Red Cat" or "Cat Red" although 
it would nice also.

Best regards

	Radovan Skolnik

On štvrtok 29. apríla 2021 1:01:59 CEST Graeme Gellatly wrote:

> I've done this for years in one way or another. OCA does have trgm module

> which allows similarity search but for most use cases I find mostly the

> issue is one of order of search terms.  Product search is particularly

> sucky because it has all sorts of overrides. This is in general my simple

> approach.

> 1. Install pg_trgm or else you will feel the pain. 2. Override search and

> split the name argument into multiple ilikes. In my case I typically split

> on spaces, which means users can search "Red Car" or "Car Red" and get same

> result. I do it on spaces only. I know you want to avoid but actually for

> your use case you are better just copying the way bank accounts are

> sanitized and searched. Stored computed sanitized code, then sanitize

> search args on way in. Trigram index that stored field On Thu, Apr 29, 2021

> at 9:42 AM Pierre Verkest < pierreverkest84@gmail.com [1] > wrote: Few

> ideas based on postgresql:

> * not sure if it's possible with SIMILAR TO or ~ operators

> * investigate extension   * fuzzystrmatch:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/fuzzystrmatch.html [2]    * pgtrgm:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgtrgm.html#id-1.11.7.40.6 [3]  *

> create your own unaccent rules:

> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/unaccent.html [4] regards,

> Le mer. 28 avr. 2021 à 22:33, Radovan Skolnik < radovan@skolnik.info [5] > a

> écrit : Hello,

> I have been asked few times by users if it is possible to search for

> products in a way omitting special characters (like dash or space for

> exmaple) from product's default_code (or even input string). Let me give an

> example: Let's say we have a product with default_code like CD-12345-XYZ In

> current situation if user enteres "CD12345" or "CD 12345" nothing is

> retrieved. Vice versa, if the default_code is CD12345XYZ and user enters

> "CD-12345" or "CD 12345" nothing is retrieved either. So the solution would

> be to first remove those special characters from the string being searched

> for and then search for default_code transformed with some (SQL?) function.

> Is anything like that possible? One idea comes to mind using computed field

> where that stripped deault_code would be stored and extending default search

> to use this. However that would require stored computed field. Any way to

> prevent this?

> Thank you. Best regards

> Radovan Skolnik

> 

> 

> _______________________________________________

> Mailing-List: https://odoo-community.org/groups/contributors-15 [6]

> Post to: mailto: contributors@odoo-community.org [7]

> Unsubscribe: https://odoo-community.org/groups?unsubscribe [8]

> 

> --

> Pierre

> 

> _______________________________________________

> Mailing-List: https://odoo-community.org/groups/contributors-15 [9]

> Post to: mailto: contributors@odoo-community.org [10]

> Unsubscribe: https://odoo-community.org/groups?unsubscribe [11]

> 

> 

> _______________________________________________

> Mailing-List: https://odoo-community.org/groups/contributors-15 [12]

> Post to: mailto:contributors@odoo-community.org

> Unsubscribe: https://odoo-community.org/groups?unsubscribe [13]

> 

> 

> 

> [1] mailto:pierreverkest84@gmail.com

> [2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/fuzzystrmatch.html

> [3] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgtrgm.html#id-1.11.7.40.6

> [4] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/unaccent.html

> [5] mailto:radovan@skolnik.info

> [6] https://odoo-community.org/groups/contributors-15

> [7] mailto:contributors@odoo-community.org

> [8] https://odoo-community.org/groups?unsubscribe

> [9] https://odoo-community.org/groups/contributors-15

> [10] mailto:contributors@odoo-community.org

> [11] https://odoo-community.org/groups?unsubscribe

> [12] https://odoo-community.org/groups/contributors-15

> [13] https://odoo-community.org/groups?unsubscribe




Reference