Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Odoo Invoice/Payment Cancellation with Reversal Entry.by
I usually see 2 scenarios in Odoo world and depending on the accounting habits/requirements:
* allow canceling entries: simple but few traceability
* reverse via credit note: full traceability
The problem is that on accounting point of view most of the time when an invoice is published, you just cannot touch it anymore (hence the 2nd way).
It is not the same an invoice that has been canceled before
validation and after validation so the states cannot be merged.
I have the feeling nevertheless, that standard refund wizard does
most of your requirement.
Why not simply rely on Odoo standard credit note feature but add a new stage in the invoice ("Canceled by CN") that would be triggered in the case of the refund/reconciliation wizard.
|| Eric Caudal [Founder
and CEO] - Shanghai Elico Limited
Skype: elico.corp - Phone: + 86 186 2136 1670 (Cell) // + 86 21 6211 8017/27/37 (Office)
More information: https://www.elico-corp.com
Odoo Gold Partner // Best Odoo Partner APAC 2014, 2016 and 2018!
We have been discussing this in Odoo mailing list, and found that the real account invoice/payment cancellation does not exits.
So far, people suggest us to cancel document use Credit Note. Journal Entries wise is ok, but we think this will make front document marked as "Paid" instead of "Cancelled", which will be misleading.
So, I am thinking of doing a module like this, e.g. on invoice
- A new button to open Cancel wizard, with Cancel Date and Cancel Reason.
- Clicking cancel will create a reversed journal entry (using account_reversal) with same number of Invoice_VOID, and stamp to new account.invoice's cancel_move_id field.
- Do reconciled for move_id and cancel_move_id and change invoice to Cancelled state.Will do things in similar fashion in Payment too (reversed all related JE, do reconcile them and set cancel state).
Do you think this sound ok?
Again...I am so surprised that, until now, Odoo still lack this simple feature and wonder why no others feel it is a required feature of ERP.I am afraid that I am doing something wrong now.
How are you guys currently handle account document cancellation?Thanks
Ecosoft Co. Ltd., Kitti Upariphutthiphong