Press release for the first General Assembly
OCA change his name
OCA is now Odoo Community Association and will have his first General Assembly during 2014 OpenDays
Following the recent announcements made by OpenERP SA, now renamed Odoo, the OpenERP Community Association has decided to rename itself into the “Odoo Community Association” (http://odoo-community-association.org/) and to move its activities from Launchpad to GitHub.
The OCA mission is to support the collaborative development of the Odoo features and to promote the widespread use of Odoo by:
- Helping and promoting the collaborative software development of Odoo;
- Encouraging the development of Odoo and its features while coordinating and organizing the collaborative work on the software;
- Assisting the community while defending its interests and the sustainability of its developments;
- Promoting the use of the Odoo solution;
- Facilitating synergies, collaborations and fundraising efforts;
- Collaborating actively on the definition of the roadmaps of new versions of the tool and their implementation.
First OCA General Assembly
During the OpenDays 2014, the first OCA general assembly of Delegate members will be held on June 5t at 5:40pm in the Business for Partners room.
The first step to joining the general assembly is to fill in the form athttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uYhoEga_Lc-kUDobRpNP09L4lTHqya51ZlyZPlh31Eg/viewform
By joining the OCA as a member before the OpenDays, you will make yourself eligible to become a Delegate member, apply to the first Board, and elect it.
For more details regarding OCA membership, please visit our website : http://odoo-community-association.org/member/03_membership.html
Make your voice heard
The OCA is willing to get your feedback and ideas to represent your interests during our next meeting with Odoo. Please fill in the survey available at http://ow.ly/x8n1E
About the OCA
The Odoo Community Association, or OCA, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo’s features, and to promote the widespread use of Odoo. The association provides financial, organizational, and legal support to the broader Odoo Open Source community. It also serves as an independent legal entity to which community members can contribute the code, the funding and other resources, with the knowledge that their contributions will be maintained for public benefit.
More info on http://odoo-community-association.org
For any questions, please contact oca-board AT lists POINT launchpad POINT net