The first OCA code sprint dedicated to the the belgian localization
On Friday 2015-08-28, the first OCA code sprint dedicated to evolving the belgian localization under OCA umbrella took place in the ACSONE offices in Brussels.
Participants were (clockwise from upper left) Adrien Peiffer (ACSONE), Christophe Hanon (Adins), Gael Rabier (Niboo), Samuel Lefever (Niboo), Stéphane Bidoul (ACSONE), François Legros (Noviat), Luc De Meyer (Noviat), Jacques-Etienne Baudoux (BCIM), and Laurent Mignon (ACSONE).
What we achieved
Pre-sprint preparation was done by collecting ideas in a shared document.
We started the sprint with a one hour talk to discuss current status and set priorities. We then split in small groups to work on the selected topics:
- Christophe, Gael, Jacques-Etienne, and Stéphane worked on the refactoring of Luc's historical l10n_be_coa_multilang in order to make it more modular and facilitate collaboration in the future. This resulted in pull requests to generic OCA repositories: multi-company-aware account types, more translatability in accounting models (WIP), and a pull request to OCA/l10n-belgium with the refactored modules (WIP).
- Jacques-Etienne submitted a PR with improvements to the companyweb modules.
- Stéphane submitted a PR with previous work by Adrien on a data module for eco taxes (BEBAT, RECUPEL).
- Translations are important for Belgium. Laurent and Samuel therefore worked on improving the Transifex pull script. This work has been merged by Pedro in the main tx-pull branch.
- François worked in porting modules for Fost Plus and Valipac to 8.0, the PR is pending.
- Finally, Luc and Adrien worked in converging their approaches for managing cash discount on customer and supplier invoices. This resulted in a couple of PR's to OCA/bank-payment for a basic module to encode cash discount data on customer and supplier invoices, and a module to facilitate payment of supplier invoices with cash discount. Soon to come is a OCA/l10n-belgium module to handle the specifics of VAT handling in presence of cash discount.
There is a lot of after-sprint work to do such as reviewing and finalizing some PR's, but we can already say that it was quite a productive day. And we have many more ideas in stock, so there will surely be another soon.
Thanks to all participants!