This module was written to extend the standard functionality regarding users and groups management. It helps creating well-defined user roles and associating them to users.
It can become very hard to maintain a large number of user profiles over time, juggling with many technical groups. For this purpose, this module will help you to:
- define functional roles by aggregating low-level groups,
- set user accounts with the predefined roles (roles are cumulative),
- update groups of all relevant user accounts (all at once),
- ensure that user accounts will have the groups defined in their roles (nothing more, nothing less). In other words, you can not set groups manually on a user as long as there is roles configured on it,
- activate/deactivate roles depending on the date (useful to plan holidays, etc)
- get a quick overview of roles and the related user accounts.
That way you make clear the different responsabilities within a company, and are able to add and update user accounts in a scalable and reliable way.
To configure this module, you need to go to Configuration / Users / Roles, and create a new role. From there, you can add groups to compose your role, and then associate users to it.
Add users (with dates or not):
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Oxygen Team: Icon (LGPL)
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.