Stock Inventory Revaluation
Introduces inventory revaluation as single point to change the valuation of products.
Stock Account Inventory Revaluation
If your company runs a perpetual inventory system, you may need to perform inventory revaluation.
You can re-valuate inventory values by:
- Changing the inventory valuation of a specific product. The cost price is changed, and the inventory value is recalculated according to the new price. In case of real price, you can select on which quants you want to change the unit cost.
- Changing the value of the inventory. The quantity of inventory remains unchanged, resulting in a change in the price.
- Go to Inventory / Configuration / Products / Product Categories and define, for each category, a Valuation Increase Account and a Valuation Decrease Account. These accounts will be used as contra-accounts to the Stock Valuation Account during the inventory re-valuation.
- Users willing to access to the Inventory Revaluation menu should be members of the group "Manage Inventory Valuation and Costing Methods".
- Go to Inventory / Inventory Control / Inventory Revaluation / Products to create a new Inventory Revaluation. For products set with average or standard price and real-time valuation, go to the Product form and use the link to change the standard price.
- In order to post the inventory revaluation for multiple items at once, select the records in the tree view and go to More / Post Inventory Revaluations.
Known issues / Roadmap
- A negative quant can be revaluated, but can also ultimately be merged with a positive quant. In that case, the associated revaluation quant record will be removed. In a future version a chatter could be added to the stock inventory revaluation, and this kind of action would be logged for better traceability.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
- Eficent Business and IT Consulting Services S.L. <email@example.com>
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.