POS cash in-out reason
POS cash in-out reason
This module allow to define some reasons for the functionality of "Put Money In" and "Take Money Out" available in point of sale session.
So, with this module it's possible to impact directly an expense or income account which is defined on the related reasons and create according accounting entries.
Typical Use Case (not exhaustive)
- You want to track Bank deposit moves, using an intermediate bank account named 'Cash Awaiting Bank Deposit'. (In France, for instance, "581 - Espèce en attente d'encaissement")
- You want to allow payments from Cash Journal to pay recurring little expenses. (Gasoline, parking meter, etc.)
Table of contents
- Go to 'Point of Sale' / 'Configuration' / 'Move Reason'
- Create or update your PoS move Reasons.
- for each reason, you can mention the concerned journal(s), (Generally the Cash Journal), and if it is a reason to 'put in' and / or to 'take out' Money.
You should have checked first 'Used in Point of Sale' for the Journals you want to enable the feature.
- Go to your current session
- Click on the button "Put Money In" or "Take Money Out"
- Select the reason, the journal, the amount, and optionaly an extra description
- When closing the session, an account move will be created, with two lines, one with the default journal account, and one with the expense / income reason account.
As it is not possible to disable actions on Odoo, a new technical group is added by this module, named 'Use Old PoS 'Put or Take Money' Actions', to hide native obsolete actions available on the model pos.session (the two buttons "Take Money Out" and "Put Money In")
- [MIG] Port module to version 12.0.
- [REF] Don't use product.product model for Reasons, because Odoo remove the fields expense_pdt and income_pdt from the model. Use instead a new model pos.move.reason for this purpose.
- [REF] Doesn't inherit from cash.box.in and cash.box.out model, as there are bad designed and doesn't allow clean inheritance. Instead, use new transient model wizard.pos.move.reason.
- [REF] Minor code refactoring.
- First Version of the module.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/pos project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.