Build 'Management Information System' Reports and Dashboards
This module allows you to build Management Information Systems dashboards. Such style of reports presents KPI in rows and time periods in columns. Reports mainly fetch data from account moves, but can also combine data coming from arbitrary Odoo models. Reports can be exported to PDF, Excel and they can be added to Odoo dashboards.
There is no specific installation procedure for this module.
Configuration and Usage
To configure this module, you need to:
- Go to Accounting > Configuration > Financial Reports > MIS Report Templates where you can create report templates by defining KPI's. KPI's constitute the rows of your reports. Such report templates are time independent.
- Then in Accounting > Reporting > MIS Reports you can create report instance by binding the templates to time period, hence defining the columns of your reports.
- From the MIS Report view, you can preview the report, add it to and Odoo dashboard, and export it to PDF or Excel.
For further information, please visit:
A typical extension is to provide a mechanism to filter reports on analytic dimensions or operational units. To implement this, you can override _get_additional_move_line_filter and _get_additional_filter to further filter move lines or queries based on a user selection. A typical use case could be to add an analytic account field on mis.report.instance, or even on mis.report.instance.period if you want different columns to show different analytic accounts.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Add 'Fiscal Year' period type.
- Allow selecting accounts by type. This is currently possible by expressing a query such as balp[('account_id.user_type.code', '=', ...)]. This will work but would be more efficient if one could write balp[user_type=...], as it would involve much less queries to the database.
- More tests should be added. The first part is creating test data, then it will be
easier. At the minimum, We need the following test data:
- one account charts with a few normal accounts and view accounts,
- two fiscal years,
- an opening entry in the second fiscal year,
- to test multi-company consolidation, we need a second company with it's own account chart and two fiscal years, but without opening entry; we also need a third company which is the parent of the other two and has a consolidation chart of account.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.