Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Odoo with a decoupled front-endby "Diogo Duarte" <firstname.lastname@example.org> - 12/07/2023 19:34:19
- has a big ecommerce operation
- and/or they having big ambitions for ecommerce
- and/or they want a mainstream web technology like Vue because they have a team or it's easier to find developers
- and/or they want to scale ecommerce with less infrastructure (higher traffic volumes)
- and/or they value having separated backend, frontend, content and marketing teams (headless)
Thank you for the extra information about Vuestorefront Diogo. I am going to test it.
Is it possible to login in Vuestorefront and see projects, sales order, etc. (stuff from portal) from Odoo directly? Do you support this.
Diogo Duarte schreef op 2023-07-12 09:11:Hi,Vuestorefront is a decoupled frontend based on Nuxt.js that allows you to scale your web frontend independently from Odoo.We implemented Odoo as a backend and are building/maintaining it several projects using it:Easiest way to test it:Load testing (video at the end)We welcome contributors!
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 6:52 AM wytzejan <email@example.com> wrote:
I'm looking for a solution where I can use Odoo with a decoupled front-end and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'd like to use Odoo as my back-end and Nuxt as my front-end. I've seen https://github.com/vuestorefront-community/odoo but this looks dedicated to e-commerce.
Is it possible to have a decoupled front-end but still use the Odoo login functionality and so the I can integrate the Odoo portal (e.g. domain.nl/my/home) inside Nuxt? I've seen https://github.com/OCA/rest-framework as well but I am not sure if this can work with the portal.
Any thoughts are very welcome. Thank you!
With kind regards,
Wytze Jan Riedstra