Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Recurring donations generationby
Alexinux, Alexis de Lattre
Dear Quentin, dear community friends,
2016-02-10 21:08 GMT+01:00 Quentin THEURET <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
I have a question about the recurring donations generation:
- I set a recurring donation for a donator with donation date set on 2016, Feb 05.
- Yesterday, I clicked on 'Generate Recurring Donations' to generate donations. So, a new donation has been generated with 2016, Feb 09 as donation date.
- Today, I clicked again on 'Generate Recurring Donations' and a new donation linked to the same recurring donation has been created with 2016, Feb 10 as donation date.
My question is : is there a way to define a monthly recurring donation, so a donation is only created once a month ?
Not with the current code base. We suppose that all recurring donations are monthly donations and you execute the "Generate recurring donations" wizard once a month (or at least that all donations have a frequency of X and you launch the recurring donation wizard at the same frequency).
I think the right solution would be the following :
- add 2 fields on recurring donations :
. selection field "Frequency" that would propose Monthly/Quertly/Bi-annual/Annual
. date field "next recurring donation date"
- hide the menu entry "Generate recurring donations"
- add an ir.cron that execute the "generate recurring donations" wizard every day : it would loop on active recurring donations and, if "next recurring donation date" = today, it would duplicate it and then write the "Next recurring donation date" according to the Frequency
I think it would be very easy to develop.