Contributors mailing list archives
Re: URGENT Call to Action - OCA Delegates Campaign - extended till Friday 28th Octoberby
NUMIGI Solutions Inc., Julien Jézéquel-Bréard
I will also add my application. I am not much familiar with programming but that should not be a problem, given the list of duties.
Le lun. 24 oct. 2022 à 17:36, Rebecca Gellatly <email@example.com> a écrit :
Hello OCA Contributors
I wanted to let you know we have extended the Delegate Campaign as part of the OCA Annual General Assembly. It will now close this Friday 28th October. If you are a current paid member of the OCA, you can apply to become a Delegate.
We have had only 7 applications so far - we vote each year to select 10. We would love to see more people apply. This step in the process of our Association happenings is what helps keep the community dynamic with fresh faces and voices coming in alongside our contributors of many years.
It is certainly not a hugely time-consuming task to be a Delegate, if this is a potential obstacle. We have the AGA once a year and it consists of:
- voting for new Delegates (reading profiles then voting)
- reading the AGA documents for the year (basically an activities report, AGA specific items and financial statements)
- voting to accept the documents, board members and financial auditors
- this year, we will also be asking the Delegates to vote on whether or not we change the OCA Logo.Occasionally, during the year we ask the Delegates to vote on other issues, but again this does not take huge amounts of time. Around OCA Days we may ask for some extra help from Delegates, if they are available.
This contribution, in terms of voting, is vital to keep the community vibrant and moving forward. If people are feeling they aren't able to contribute in this way, would you please reach out and let us know what might be stopping you as we would like to have the opportunity to address this and find out what obstacles may be hindering people.
All you need to do to apply is:We've pushed everything out by a week to accommodate extending the voting. New dates are as follows:
Any issues, please do get in touch.
- 10th - 28th October - Week 1 & 3: OCA paid members of 2022 invited to apply their candidacy to become an OCA Delegate
- 31st October - 11th November - Week 4 & 5: Active OCA Delegates vote for 10 new OCA Delegates
- 14th - 25th November - Week 6 & 7: OCA Delegates announce their candidacy to become an OCA Board Member or Financial Auditor (for the FA the applicant does not need to be a Delegate)
- 28 November - 9th December - Week 8 & 9: OCA Delegates vote for board members, auditors, and financial statementsRebecca--Rebecca GellatlyGeneral SecretaryOdoo Community Association
Open for Small Business, Rebecca Gellatly