Contributors mailing list archives
Re: New repositories : cooperative and participative supermarketby
Acsone SA/NV, Denis Roussel
That's great to hear this!
My two cents on this. Maybe you should refine the topics the repositories you want to create will cover (it does not help saying they are in beta). Especially for the first one.
For the third, we usually don't create 'temporary' repositories. I suggest you to create issues/PR's directly on OCA specific repos for modules you want to move. It will be more efficient and avoiding creation of one that will be deleted actually.
Don't hesitate if you have more technical questions, but for sure you have a good OCA contact person near you !
On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:27 AM <email@example.com> wrote:
At Coop IT Easy, we’ve been working for 5 years with cooperative and participatory supermarkets (aka Food Coop, ex: BEES coop). We would like to bring most of that code under the OCA umbrella. The code is now divided into two repositories :
- cooperative/vertical-cooperative modules deal with share subscriptions, cooperator registry, online registrations, etc. equivalent to oca/vertical-association ;
- beescoop/obeesdoo contains modules to manage the work of the members (planning their shifts) and many customisations to sales, purchase, stock and point of sales.
We will need to
- remove all references to Obeesdoo and Easy My Coop (debranding) ;
- split modules by features ;
- cover more code with unit tests.These solutions have been used in production for several years now and is now used by 11 supermarkets and 25+ cooperatives (plus a few others by other integrators). Everything is in version 12 and we will soon migrate cooperative modules to version 14.
Based on the OCA repository policy, we would like to propose to create these 3 new repositories :
- cooperative with all modules in beta-stage while we debrand them.
- shift-planning (or shift-management ?) with all modules dealing with shifts in beta stage as well.
- vertical-cooperative-supermarket as an incubation repository while we move all the features to oca/purchase-workflow, oca/pos, …
Robin KeunenCoop IT Easy+32 488 86 57 40
Coop IT Easy SC agréée, Robin Keunen