Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Your opinion and experience about "Point Bank Management"by
I am writing to get your point of view or maybe, share on existing modules.
As part of a new client project, we need to:
- sell products whose consumption is done at a different rate and volume.
- the customer must have their consumption history and their balance
Relatively classic and common so far ;-)
It is a service activity, but the unit of value is not time. And, a priori, there is no stock management.
Summary customer process:
The customer purchases product A (for example $ 100 for 1 quantity)
In return, the client benefits from a capital of 250 points, for example.
The customer consumes his points by different actions. These actions are reported by several applications. We can collect those actions and create events in Odoo.
The customer must be able to know the evolution of his capital of points.
At this step, several hypothesis considered:
1 - sale order and analytic
- addition of a second unit of measurement in SO
- when the SO is confirmed, this quantity corresponding to the second unit feeds an analytical account
- for a better reading the analytical lines could take advantage of a new type as they already have with timesheets
- each action performed by the customer that triggers consumption creates a new line as a deduction in his capital of points
- the customer has access to his analytical account to view the balance of his capital of points
2 - sale order and product_pack
- rather than adding secondary units in the sale order, the customer buys a pack
- the capital points is a product in its own right with a quantity of 250 (child of the initial product with its quantity 1)
- it is only this product which feeds an analytical account
- the following steps are the same as the previous assumption
3 - sale order and stock
- although there is no need to manage the inventory, we activate and configure the stock features
- the customer orders a product in quantity 1
- an equivalence in stock management is made on a storable product of 250 points
- each action carried out by the customer which triggers consumption creates a new line as a deduction in the inventory management of his capital of points
- the customer has access to his own stock location to view the balance of his capital of points with his history
Thank you for taking the time to read, I hope this is clear enough.
Look forward to your comments and suggestions!
NUMIGI Solutions Inc., Bruno Joliveau.