Financial Reports, Odoo Development Cookbook, FSF, PSF, OSI and PostgreSQL
May issue of the OCA Newsletter
Financial Reports: Sorrento code sprint results
The code sprint took place in Sorrento, Italy, from April 26th to 29th. The main topic for this sprint was to review and improve the financial reports on Odoo version 9, namely:
the General Ledger,
the Partner Ledger,
the Trial Balance,
the Partner Balance,
the Profit & Loss,
the Balance Sheet.
The 30+ sprinters also focused on adjusting and reengineering the OCA modules from version 8 to 9 due to the changes in the data structure.
Two new modules are merged already:
- date_range in OCA/server-tools allows the creation of date ranges (such as Month, Quarter, Fiscal Month, etc) and easy use of such ranges in advanced searches; it enables easy reporting with advanced fiscal calendars (4-4-5, etc);
- account_fiscal_year in OCA/account-financial-tools lets you manage fiscal years that have a duration other than 12 months.
You can review the pull requests for the Tax Balances Report, and a ported and improved MIS Builder. Other code is available in the OCA-Sorrento repository and should be converted to pull requests in the weeks to come (eg for the General Ledger and easy integration of Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and P&L in the menus).
For more information, please read:
FSF, PSF, OSI, PostgreSQL
As the OCA value collaboration, the OCA Board has decided to encourage existing organizations in its ecosystem. The OCA is now:
- an Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation (FSF). The FSF is a nonprofit with a worldwide mission to promote computer user freedom and to defend the rights of all free software users.
- an Iron Sponsor of the Python Software Foundation (PSF). The PSF is an organization devoted to advancing open source technology related to the Python programming language.
- a donator of the Open Source Initiative (OSI). The OSI is the steward of the Open Source Definition (OSD) and the community-recognized body for reviewing and approving licenses as OSD-conformant.
- a donator of PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL is an affiliated project of Software in the Public Interest. Funds donated to PostgreSQL are used to sponsor general PostgreSQL efforts (advocacy materials, conference expenses, legal expenses, and travel costs).
The OCA is proud to sponsor those organizations and their respective missions allowing the OCA to pursue its own.
Noteworthy additions to OCA Projects
Accounting: Account fiscal year
This module extends date.range.type to add a fiscal_year flag.
Logistics: Stock available to promise
This module proposes several options to compute the quantity available to promise for each product.
Manufacturing: MRP BOM dismantling
This module adds the ability to create a dismantling BOM by reversing a BOM.
Purchase: Purchase picking state
This module allows to add the picking status on the purchase order.
Sales: Sale exception
This module allows you to attach several customizable exceptions to your sale order in a way that you can filter orders by exceptions type and fix them.
Tools: Base user gravatar
This modules allows you to synchronize your image from Gravatar and use it in Odoo.
Logistics: Stock analysis
This module extends the stock reporting to allow better stock per location analysis. By default, it adds a pivot table where lines are products and columns are locations.
Logistics: Stock inventory lockdown
This module lets you lock down the locations during an inventory.
Logistics: Stock lock lot
This module allows you to define whether a Production Lot/Serial Number is blocked or not.
Logistics: Stock picking back to draft
This module allows you to bring cancelled pickings back to draft.
Purchase: Purchase delivery split by date
When this module is installed, each purchase order you confirm will generate one incoming shipment for each expected date indicated in the purchase order lines.
Server Tools: Auto backup
A tool for all your back-ups, internal and external!
The setuptools/pip/wheel-based packaging and deployment mechanism has moved one step further. All OCA repositories now have a setup directory containing a setup.py file for each addon. From those, the OCA bot generates wheels to https://wheelhouse.odoo-community.org each night.
The introductory blog post has been updated to reflect this change.
Events and Local Communities
October 2nd - Code Sprint in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
If you missed it last year, here is your chance: The OCA will organize a 3-days code sprint before the 2016 Odoo Experience. Location in Louvain-la-Neuve is not determined yet, but you can already book your dates to live the most exciting week in the Odoo Community.
Heartbeat & Activities
New Contributors, PSC and PSC Members
In April 2016, 46 Github contributors (including 5 new ones) made 316 commits while 179 Transifex collaborators translated 37,641 terms. Runbot was used 1,205 times and the 1,194 OCA modules were downloaded 15,486 times in the last 3 months.
2016 OCA Delegates
From April the 25th to May the 6th, the OCA Delegates have voted for new Delegates. Congratulations and welcome to all of them:
Due to the 2016 Odoo Experience scheduled in October, the 2016 General Assembly will be held online, as per the remaining agenda below:
Until May 20th
From May 23rd to June 3rd
Delegates vote for 9 Board Members,
Delegates vote for 3 Financial Auditors,
Delegates approve the publication of the 2015 General Assembly record,
Delegates approve the 2015 Financials Statements,
Delegates approve the 2015 Activities Report,
Delegates approve the 2016 Budget.
OCA, the Odoo Community Association, is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
Contact information: email@example.com