Link HR with project
This is a technical module for adding some HR information to projects and provide technical fields with HR information:
- Employee categories at project and task level.
- Employee linked to the user assigned to a task.
- Employee categories at user level.
These fields can be used later for extra features like task scheduling or security restrictions.
It also provides some facilities on project management:
- Limit selection of assigned users according selected employee category at task level.
- Limit selection of employee categories at task level depending on the selected categories at project level. All are shown if no categories at project level.
Table of contents
For setting employee categories at project level:
- Go to Project > Projects.
- Click on the 3 vertical dots of one of the project kanban cards for unfolding options and select "Edit".
- Put the wanted employee categories on the field "Employee Categories".
For setting employee categories:
- Go to Project > All Tasks.
- Select or create a new task.
- Put the wanted employee categories on the field "Employee categories".
- If there's already some employee categories selected at project level, those will be the only selectable ones in the task.
- Go to Project > Search > Tasks.
- If there's an employee category selected in the task, you will only be able to select those users whose employee belongs to that category.
- Limit project and task visibility according employee categories through overriding security methods (as through record rules is not possible without modifying existing ones).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/project project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.