Add option to forward messages
This module was written to extend the functionality of mails to support forwarding them to another contact or database object.
- To another object of the database: All its followers are notified according to their settings.
- To other contacts: They recieve the forwarded message according to the usual notification rules of Odoo.
When installed, this module allows forwarding to a limited selection of database models, that will get automatically updated when you install other modules.
This list can be customized by a user that has Technical Features permission. To do it:
- Go to Settings > Technical > Database Structure > Referenceable Models.
- Any model there with Mail forward target enabled will appear in the list of
models that can get forwarded messages.
- If you want to remove a model from the list, it's usually better to just disable its check box instead of deleting it, because that record might be used by other modules.
To use this module, you need to:
Go to any view that has a message thread.
Press Forward (the button with a curved arrow pointing to the right).
Modify the subject if you wish.
If you want to forward the message to an object, choose it from the selector.
If you want to forward the message to some partner(s), add them in the selector.
Modify the message if you want.
Add attachments if you want.
If the message contains attachments, you can turn on the Move attachments option, and those will get attached to the new object.
You will need to install the document module and have at least User permissions for Knowledge to see the effect.
Internally, forwarded messages are modified copies of original ones, but attachments are references to the exact originals to avoid duplicating disk space. Keep that in mind when managing permissions.
For further information, please visit:
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.