Import data from SQL and ODBC data sources.
Import data directly from other databases.
Installed in the Administration module, menu Configuration -> Import from SQL.
- Fetched data from the databases are used to build lines equivalent to regular import files. These are imported using the standard "import_data()" ORM method, benefiting from all its features, including xml_ids.
- Each table import is defined by an SQL statement, used to build the equivalent for an import file. Each column's name should match the column names you would use in an import file. The first column must provide an unique identifier for the record, and will be used to build its xml_id.
- SQL columns named "none" are ignored. This can be used for the first column of the SQL, so that it's used to build the XML Id but it's not imported to any OpenERP field.
- The last sync date is the last successfull execution can be used in the SQL using "%(sync)s", or ":sync" in the case of Oracle.
- When errors are found, only the record with the error fails import. The other correct records are commited. However, the "last sync date" will only be automaticaly updated when no errors are found.
- The import execution can be scheduled to run automatically.
- Importing suppliers to res.partner:
- SELECT distinct
[SUPPLIER_CODE] as "ref"
, [SUPPLIER_NAME] as "name" , 1 as "is_supplier" , [INFO] as "comment"
WHERE INACTIVE_DATE IS NULL and DATE_CHANGED >= %(sync)s
- Importing products to product.product:
- SELECT PRODUCT_CODE as "ref"
, PRODUCT_NAME as "name" , 'res_partner_id_'+SUPPLIER_ID as "partner_id/id"
WHERE DATE_CHANGED >= %(sync)s
- Improvements ideas waiting for a contributor:
- Allow to import many2one fields (currently not supported). Done by adding a second SQL sentence to get child record list?
- Allow "import sets" that can be executed at different time intervals using different scheduler jobs.
- Allow to inactivate/delete OpenERP records when not present in an SQL result set.
- Maxime Chambreuil <email@example.com>
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.