Exhaustive Stock Inventories
Remove from the stock what is not in the Physical Inventory.
Let users make exhaustive Inventories
Standard Physical Inventories in OpenERP only contain a generic list of products by locations, which is well suited to partial Inventories and simple warehouses. When the a standard Inventory is confirmed, only the products in the inventory are checked. If a Product is present in the computed stock and not in the recorded Inventory, OpenERP will consider that it remains unchanged.
- But for exhaustive inventories in complex warehouses, it is not practical:
- you want to avoid Stock Moves to/from these Locations while counting goods
- you must make sure all the locations you want have been counted
- you must make sure no other location has been counted by mistake
- you want the computed stock to perfectly match the inventory when you confirm it.
This module lets choose whether an Physical Inventory is exhaustive or standard. For an exhaustive Inventory:
- in the state "Draft" you define the Location where goods must be counted.
- the new Inventory status "Open" lets you indicate that the list of Locations is final and you are now counting the goods. In that status, no Stock Moves can be recorded in/out of the Inventory's Locations.
- if the Location or some of it's children have not been entered in the Inventory Lines, OpenERP warns you when you confirm the Inventory.
- only the Inventory's Location or its children can be entered in the Inventory Lines.
- every good that is not in the Inventory Lines is considered lost, and gets moved out of the stock when you confirm the Inventory.