This module aims to create a framework for DNS management through the odoo-connector in order to be able to manage your DNS records in Odoo and be able to connect to external service providers via API and the odoo-connector job-queue.
This module only introduces the main data model and can be used as is to manually store DNS records. It provides the objects or basic mapping to create API connection but does not provide any connector per se.
Additional modules for specific connectors need to be added to manage the service provider connection.
With specific DNS provider module, the DNS connector supports:
- Import the domains and records from your DNS provider into Odoo
- DNS domain creation / deletion (TBD) / update and synchronization to your DNS provider
- Records creation / deletion (TBD) / update and synchronization to your DNS provider
To install this module, you need to install the odoo-connector module.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Install a specific module such as connector_dns_dnspod
- Create and set up the authentication for the DNS service provider in Connectors/DNS/backends
To use this module, you need to:
- Create your domains, select the DNS provider and confirm them in Connectors/DNS/Domains
- Once the domains are created, you can create the records accordingly in Connectors/DNS/records
- Every time you create, delete or update a new record, a job will be created in Connectors/Queue/Jobs
- if a job fails, you can check the error and retry the job if necessary.
You might want to check the official documentation of the Odoo Connector to build your own DNS provider connector.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Add validations for record types: SPF, NAPTR
- Add a delete synchronizer
- Add tests for each of the dns.record.type validation regexes
- Add missing tests for export_synchronizer & import_synchronizer
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.