New features to facilitate resource management with meetings.
This module adds new features to facilitate resource management with meetings:
- To attach resources to a meeting, go to Calendar => Click on a meeting => Edit => Edit => add any related resources.
- To edit or add a resource, go to Calendar => Resources => Resources.
- This module can also prevent resources from being double-booked. Go to a resource and disable or enable Allow Double Booking (this is disabled by default). As a note, the same resource in a meeting that ends at 5pm and in a meeting that starts at 5pm on the same day would not not be considered double-booked.
- You can restrict resources to certain calendar types. In the Resources form view, edit the Event Types field. The resource can then be added to events only of those types.
- Resources cannot be added to events when they're not available, either because they're on leave or because the event time is outside their working time.
- If you have an event selected as allday, only if there are no working times available on 1 or more of the days in that event will an error be raised. For example, if you set an event to allday on a Saturday and there are no working times at all that Saturday for a particular resource, then an error will be raised. However, if there is at least 1 working time interval for that resource on the Saturday, regardless of how long or short that working time is, the day will be considered covered by that working time. If the event is not allday, any time the resource is not available during the event, regardless of the time of day, will cause an error to be raised.
- To stop leaves and working time validations on a resource when adding to an event, set the resource's Working Time field to blank in the resource form view.
Table of contents
- Abstract out logic from _check_resource_ids_working_times into separate methods in resource.calendar.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
This module is part of the OCA/calendar project on GitHub.
You are welcome to contribute. To learn how please visit https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute.