Account Forex Spot
Adds support for Foreign Exchange Spot Transactions.
Account FX Spot
This module extends the functionality of Accounting to support Foreign Exchange Spot Transactions. A Foreign Exchange Spot Transaction, also known as FX spot, is an agreement between two parties to buy one currency against selling another currency at an agreed price for settlement on the spot date. The exchange rate at which the transaction is done is called the spot exchange rate.
To configure this module, you need to:
- Go to Accounting > Configuration > Settings.
- Enable the Multi-Currencies option.
With this module, you will be able to:
- Create FX Spot Transactions.
- Go to Accounting > Foreign Exchange > FX Spot Transaction.
- Select a Partner and fill the outgoing and incoming amounts and currencies.
- Register Payments for FX Spot Transactions.
- Select Several transactions from the tree view.
- Click on Action > Register Payment.
- Go to the form view for an open transaction.
- Click on Register Payment.
Known issues / Roadmap
- Incoming and outgoing payments using a different currency than the ones involved in the exchange is not supported. However, you can work around this by creating a separate payment and doing a manual reconciliation with the spot transaction.
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Odoo Community Association: Icon.
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.