Pos to weight by product uom
Pos to weight by product
At the moment, when we create a new product and choose the unity of measure kg, we have to tick the checkbox 'To Weigh With Scale' in the Point of Sale part.
We want to speed the process of creating a new product, avoiding filling manually this parameter.
This module adds the field 'To weigh' in UOM categories (set to false by default).
→ This field affects every unities contained in this category.
→ AND it is linked with the parameter to_weight in product.template used for example in the Point of Sale app.
To install this module, you need to :
- install the official apps : Sales Management and Point of Sale
- install this module with the installation button
- active settings "Allow using different units of measure" in Settings > Configuration > Sales > Quotations and Sales Orders > Product Features
How to use this module
- [Category UOM] During the creation of a category, tick the box 'To weigh'.
- [Category UOM] You can set every product existing with the new 'To weigh' parameter
- [UOM] You CAN'T change 'To weigh' for one UOM → You have to change in Category and affect all UOM of this category.
- [Product] However, you're able to change this field for a specific product (in tab Sales).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smash it by providing detailed and welcomed feedback.
- Quentin Dupont, GRAP <firstname.lastname@example.org> (http://www.grap.coop/)
- Sylvain Legal, GRAP <email@example.com> (http://www.grap.coop/)
Do not contact contributors directly about support or help with technical issues.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.