Tools mailing list archives
- the addition of a `server-mail` repo to house our modules related to mail
- base_external_dbsource recommend move to server-backend
<img height="49" width="50" apple-inline="yes" id="41E56F6E-8426-49D1-98F1-0F7790E6EC32" apple-width="yes" apple-height="yes" src="cid:B6781F39-FEE7-4B4E-91AD-FDB83E4A18E3@dlasley.net" class="">
On Aug 16, 2016, at 10:38 AM, David Arnold <email@example.com> wrote:There should be immediate consensus on more decoupled repo structure within the OCA, so "hell yes!" ;)El jue., 11 ago. 2016 a las 4:23, Daniel Reis (<firstname.lastname@example.org>) escribió:
I believe that the repo can be subdivided in several more focused ones.
I propose to keep OCA/serverl-tools mostly for features related to configuration and administration tasks.
The other features can be moved to a few new spinf-off repos.
I can think of four new repos to create as spin-offs:
- OCA/server-auth (10 modules): Authentication related
- OCA/server-backend (5 modules): Server ORM extensions, new fields
- OCA/server-brand (8 modules and counting): (De)branding related
- OCA/server-ux (11 modules): Server side features for usability and user experience related
Supporting the above division, and as a starting point for the discussion, I prepared this spreadsheet:
Feel free to comment and share any concerns or suggestions.
Citando Alexandre Fayolle <email@example.com>:
A recent discussion starting on https://github.com/OCA/server-tools/pull/499 raised the bad state of the server-tools repository which ends up hosting everything not fitting elsewhere. This ends up making the repository harder to maintain.
Let's discuss how these projects can be split