Contributors mailing list archives
Re: Additional information regarding how-to review moduleby
This is an implicit requirement to reviews: only a person with write access can merge the PR.
There is no chance for two "rogue" reviewers to approve a PR and have it merged - one person with write access is always needed to merge the PR.
In principle this should be someone from the PSC, and in practice can be any OCA admin.
IMO would should keep that flexibility and keep it as it is because:
- Many project have no regular activity from their PSC, and may not even have a PSC formed.
- If having an active PSC, I see no issues on having a non-PSC to de the final merge for fixes, minor changes or even complex reviews where the PSC already gave the OK.
IMO this adds additional complexity that is not needed and won't bring any true benefits.
I suggest instead to clarify that a person with write access is required for a review or final merge.
- Two reviewers must approve a merge proposal in order to be able to merge it
- 5 calendar days must be given to be able to merge it
- A MP can be merged in less that 5 calendar days if and only if it is approved by 3 reviewers. If you are in a hurry just send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask by IRC (FreeNode oca, openobject channel).
- At least one of the review above must be from a member of the PSC
Is everybody alright with this ?
@Daniel:Thank your for your suggestion. Will try it ASAP.On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Daniel Reis <email@example.com> wrote:
Lorenzo is correct, any person can submit reviews, you just need to have a Github account. Not required, but IMO submitting a PR and going through the review process first is helpful to get you familiarized with the process. --Daniel--
<img moz-do-not-send="true" src="imap://dgreis%40sapo%2Ept@imap.sapo.pt:143/fetch%3EUID%3E.Drafts%3E418?u=andhitia.r" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;outline:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;overflow:hidden" height="1" width="1">
Post to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSynergy Indonesia, Andhitia Rama