Accounting, Version 9, MRP, Mailing Lists and more...
November issue of the OCA Newsletter
Dedicated mailing lists
The OCA now provides dedicated public mailing lists. Participating in the discussion and providing your opinion and feedbacks is a very valuable contribution and an easy one to start with. Please subscribe to the ones of your interests: https://odoo-community.org/groups
Onestein, 2015 OCA Platinum Sponsor
New contribution pages
The OCA has reviewed its onboarding processes and provided documentation on how to get involved. The OCA is welcoming new contributors to help us:
- request new features
- code/migrate/fix a module
- review a contribution and its documentation (README.rst file)
- translate a module in your language
- report bugs and help us get them fixed
- support end users and anwer their questions
- talk about Odoo and promote its widespread use
- write great content and spread the word
More info: https://odoo-community.org/page/Contribute
The OCA Board has published few tips to organize a sprint. We hope you will find great information to organize yours. Do not hesitate to share feedbacks to improve everyone's experience during future sprints.
More info: https://odoo-community.org/page/code-sprints
Accounting in version 9.0
Frédéric Clementi started a document about the Accounting features of Enterprise and Community version. The goal is to define a roadmap for the OCA regarding the accounting developments. It may lead to a code sprint to build a set of community Apps that provide the required set of features for people to work with both the community or the enterprise version.
More info about the comparison: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzzOtwe1-0cgbw1DwwVeHI79nwXmD8ub468u4NOpffU/edit#gid=0
More info about the Community Financial reports draft specifications:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rB06fD5eF315oi6wXT0r8gOZyjL28QYEMIdxskpbxac/edit
Migration to version 9.0
We have created a 9.0 branch and made it the default for all OCA projects. This is the best moment to join us and start contributing as there is enough to do for anyone.
There is an issue in each repository called "Migration to version 9.0". If you want to help in a migration, please comment on that issue to track the progress and assignment.
Migration of OCA modules to version 9 has started in some Project Steering Committees. For example:
- Yannick Vaucher (Camptocamp) is leading the migration of the Swiss localization. https://github.com/OCA/l10n-switzerland/issues/172
- Gervais Naoussi (mentored by Savoir-faire Linux) is on the migration of the management systems modules and its dependencies (knowledge modules).
- The first migrated module is base_location, thanks to Yannick Vaucher (Camptocamp).
New tests with pylint-odoo
Thanks to an excellent work made by Moisés López from Vauxoo, we now have more checks in our Travis CI infrastructure. These checks are performed on each pull requests and commits and they verify several things:
- Modules install without problem
- Included tests passes
- Code style and guidelines are respected
The latest work has been to improve the third point of these checks, giving a lot of more automatic advises (but not forcing them to be applied), and report as problems some recurrent errors that reviewers detect on their reviewing process.
You can also perform these checks locally thanks to the update git pre-commit hook. Check instructions on how to use it here: https://github.com/OCA/maintainer-quality-tools/tree/master/git
On October 22nd and 23rd, 2015, the MRP Design Workshop was held at Odoo S.A. office in Brussels. Ana and Jordi were there on behalf of the OCA and reported great progress. The new MRP module is planned to be released for testing on March 1st, 2016.
More info: https://odoo-community.org/blog/oca-news-1/post/summary-of-the-mrp-workshop-26
OCA Representatives were granted additional rights to the OCA instance. They are now able to:
manage their PSC members and see other PSC
write in the monthly newletter to inform other of their work
We are still missing some OCA representatives in some PSC, if you are interested, please contact them on their mailing lists.
Server tools: Modules prototyper
Web: Bypass readonly write restriction
This one is a very technical module, so stop reading if you're not interested in this topic. An annoying design decision was to discard values from readonly fields when writing changes in a view. This causes that if the values of that fields has been changed via an onchange, these changes will be lost. This module allows to save these fields explicitely allowing for that on the view. This module was also a perfect example of collaboration in the community made by Jonathan Nemry from Acsone and Pierre Verkest from Anybox.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/web_readonly_bypass/
Project: Recalculate project tasks
One of the pending areas in Odoo's Project Management is the possibility of some automation in planning. Now, thanks to Antonio Espinosa and his team in Antiun Ingeneria, we can have the first steps on this area, having the possibility of automatic recalculation of the dates when you change the project start/end, which in practical means the replanning capacity. This is the first step to other planned tasks in this area, like load/capacity planning, resource allocation, etc. Stay tuned.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/project_recalculate/
Bank Statement Reconcile: Reconcile easily in bank statements your payment orders
This one comes from Holger Brunn from Therp, who has eased the reconciliation of payment orders when you only get in your bank statements the total amount of the operation, not a detail line by line. With this one, all payment orders will be checked for a coincidence on the total amount, and if it matches, then all the lines are proposed on the reconciliation wizard.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/account_reconcile_payment_order/
Contract : Modules for contracts
People from Domatix have been working on improving the contract management and its recurring invoicing features, and the result is some modules that are already merged on the contract repository, and some others that are proposed or in the way to be proposed. Check the description of each of them on the link below.
More info: https://github.com/OCA/contract/tree/8.0
Social: See sent emails
In the way to balance Odoo features to a mailing traditional client, Jairot Llopis has developed for Antiun Ingenieria a module that allows to see sent emails in a dedicated section.
More info: https://github.com/OCA/social/tree/8.0/mail_sent
Spanish localization: Improvements
Some improvements and new features have been added to the spanish localization:
- Automatic creation of the regularization entry in 303 model
- CSB 19, 32, 34 and 58 payment export format support
- Several fixes and adjustments
More info: https://github.com/OCA/l10n-spain/tree/8.0/
Product attributes: Supplier info also for customer
From the OdooMRP team, this module has been moved to OCA for allowing to use supplier info model for specifiyng prices by customer at product level, which fits with the way of working in lot of companies, avoiding the complexity of pricelists.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/product_supplierinfo_for_customer/
Stock, Logistics, Warehouse: Assign manually the stock you want
And also from the OdooMRP team, with this module you can selectively choose the stock you want to transfer on delivery and internal transfers.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/stock_quant_manual_assign/
Manufacture: Bill of Materials versioning
And the last moved module from the OdooMRP team for now (more coming) is this one, that allows to version Production Bills of Materials.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/mrp_bom_version/
E-Commerce: Preview sale cart
One handy utility present on version 9 is the possibility to preview the cart when you move over the cart icon. This feature has been extracted and packed as a module for being used on v8 by Leonardo Donelli (MONK Software).
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/website_sale_cart_preview/
Website: Website slides
The module that Odoo has prepared for v9 for sharing presentation, videos and so on has been backported to version 8 thanks to the people of Incaser.
More info: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/website_slides/
If you want to highlight your module, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mention it in the next release.
Events and local communities
Festival ICT in Milan, Italy on November 11th
It is official, this year, the OCA will participate in the ICT festival in the Arena, the area dedicated to associations, community, users groups, networks of professionals, universities, research centers, and other companies in the ICT world. The date is 11th November, 2015 for the third edition of the ICT festival, at the Fiera Milano Congressi (via Gattamelata, 5), with 5,000 square meters of contents and ICT protagonists (Italian and global).
Open Source Summit in Paris, France from November 18th to 19th
Sprint in Sorrento, Italy from April 26th to 29th, 2016
The Odoo Sorrento Sprint will take place in Sorrento, Italy from April 26th to 29th, 2016 and is aimed at those who are passionate about Odoo. It is the best way to get in touch with the Odoo community and it is free.
New contributors and PSC
- Welcome to Frédéric Clementi and Stéphane Bidoul in the PSC, congratulations!
- Has now its own mailing list, don't forget to subscribe to email@example.com
Bosnian and Serbian translations
- Welcome to Nemanja Dragovic as the OCA coordinator of the Bosnian and Serbian translations.
- Has now its own mailing list, don't forget to subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome to David Dufresne, who contributes to payroll modules and their integration with leaves and timesheets modules. Congratulations!
- Has now its own mailing list, don't forget to subscribe to email@example.com
- Welcome to Vincent Renaville in the PSC, congratulations!
- Has now its own mailing list, don't forget to subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A new project and repositories have been created under the tools-maintainers PSC responsibility to host a collection of webhook consumer modules for gitlab, bitbucket.
Become a member
Become a Member
Become a sponsorThe OCA Sponsorship Program is the way for organizations to contribute substantially to the ongoing support of the Association. In return, the OCA will provide visibility and officially acknowledge your donation via various methods according to your sponsorship level, including your logo and your URL on the OCA Thanks page, and an official Sponsor logo for your website.
Become a Sponsor
November Board Meeting
- Based on our recent lecture of the excellent Art of Community book, we have a whole lot of new ideas to help us build a better community and we are preparing internal workshop to improve the OCA.
- New pages of docs and howto's are now ready to help new comers to contribute to the OCA. We published a page about the OCA Organization, along with PSC (Project Steering Committees) Guidelines. In the same line, we started organizing PSC and their mailing lists.
- The sponsorship page has been revamped to promote the funding of the association.
- We provided resources to help organize OCA sprints all around the world.
- Discussions (still ongoing unfortunately) have been held with Odoo SA to backport some of their modules within our OCA repositories.
- OCA Odoo instance and Github are now linked and the members of every PSC are now fully synchronized in both environments.
Something to add?
If you want to include your content in the next newsletter, or you have found a mistake or inaccuracy, please write to email@example.com to be taken in consideration for the next issue.